Saturday, May 28, 2011

This will not be my boom stick

In moments of madness, I've occasionally considered buying a modern pump-action shotgun. They're cheap, readily available, versatile... Everything I hate about modern guns that try to woo me away from classic, blued steel firearms you can't get parts for any more.

In the current market, the cheap-ubiquitous-functional pump shotgun niche is filled by two guns: the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500. I'm told the difference is almost entirely a matter of taste, and have always figured I'd just try both at the store and walk away with whichever felt better.

But Mossberg's new presentation combat shotgun commemorating the government employees who've been killed trying to violently police what free citizens put in their own bodies leaves a bad enough taste in my mouth to make that decision a hell of a lot easier. Remington it is.

7 comments:

  1. They've decided to target Tactical Tommy's demographic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for a commemorative Dept of Education edition personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I need to find someone who will engrave the cover art from the nuns with guns supplement for macho women with guns onto a side plate for a shotgun, and a shotgun to put the plate onto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cemetery, that sounds like a fantastic custom project.

    Ian, so does that. You mean the Renegade Nuns on Wheels nun on a motorcycle, right? I'd consider getting an AR just to have that on the side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the one. Things blur with age, and I was too damn lazy to look it up for the proper title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had a penny for every time I aimlessly browsed the racks at Compleat Strat on 33rd st, I'd have no worries about the DoE SWAT teams busting down my door...

    ReplyDelete