Friday, March 19, 2010

Mea midichlorians, mea midichlorians, mea maxima midichlorians...

I'm not going to get into the constitutionality of all the personal questions asked by the US census. Nor will I complain about the chutzpah it takes for an American government to actually think it has a legitimate authority to lay legal penalties on those who don't answer all of their intrusive questions completely and accurately.

And I certainly would never advocate returning misleading answers on a project so important to the vital business of gerrymandering political boundaries to protect incumbent politicians.

But y'know, a true Jedi believes that the government has no business asking about your religion.

And my race is "human", thanks. If I don't believe in the aether, I sure as hell don't believe in any other Victorian pseudoscience just because it still drives politics today.

No comments:

Post a Comment