Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I could burn the building down...

Charles Stross announces the Laundry Series RPG:

From General interwebs


For those unfamiliar with the series, it's essentially Lovecraft meets James Bond meets Office Space. British intelligence battles the forces of the Old Ones while scrupulously avoiding anaccounted expenses and the intrigues of middle management. Agents weild hands of glory while executing metamathematical spells with electrically conductive pentagrams and arcane PDA programs.

It's freakin' brilliant.

And now it's a dorky RPG.

I know what _we'll_ be doing from July until forever.

2 comments:

  1. no shit! I may have to give it a try!

    I'm a huge fan of this guy's work. He likes breaking new ground rather than improve or modify existing ideas.
    http://memento-mori.com/wordpress/online-store/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stross? I really only know him from the Laundry series and his blog. I keep meaning to give his Merchant Princes novels a look; they look pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete