Friday, December 2, 2011

Might stop a hole to keep the wind away

NYC mayor Mike Bloomberg, who recently had the City's term limit laws changed so that he could run a third time, on his position in the world:

"I have my own army in the NYPD, which is the seventh biggest army in the world. I have my own State Department, much to Foggy Bottom’s annoyance. We have the United Nations in New York, and so we have an entree into the diplomatic world that Washington does not have.


Whoa there!

Good lord, aren't we already deep enough in the Roman metaphor already? I did not wake up this morning thinking I needed images of NYPD battalions alea-iacta-esting their way across the Potomac.

2 comments:

  1. Permit me to mix the metaphor with a modified quote:

    "How many panzer divisions does Bloomberg have?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching the NYPD's Lenco BearCats try their luck against the DC Army National Guard does sound like a hoot, dunnit?

    ReplyDelete